Sunday, August 24, 2014

ManMade: Charlemagne Tha God and DJ Envy for Rocawear Classics Summer/Fall 2014

For their 2014 Summer and Fall lookbook, Rocawear looked to the voices to the people, The Breakfast Clubs DJ Envy and Charlemagne The God, to be their lookbook models.

Photo: Charlemagne modeling the " Always Knew It'd Be Like This" graphic tee.

Photo: "Always Knew It'd Be Like This" graphic tee.


Charlemagne The God was featured in the lookbook wearing the "Always Knew It'd Be Like This" graphic tee while DJ Envy modeled Rocawear's Classic denim as shown below.


Rocawear also gives insight on the development of Charlemagne Tha God and DJ Envy's careers. Charlemagne the God says, "“I started off as an intern in 1998 when I was 17 at Z 93 JAMZ in Charleston, S.C.. I was an intern for about a year before I got hired in the promotions department and worked for about a year before I actually became an on air personality," while DJ Envy says, “I got into deejaying by befriending DJ Clue. He was my neighbor and I would see him all the time in nice cars and sneakers, which as a kid I thought he sold drugs lol. So one day I asked him and he told me he was a DJ… instantly, I was intrigued. He invited me to his mother’s house to see his studio and from there I was hooked.” 

This is interesting to know being that I'm sure many people didn't know because they only know them from the Breakfast Club and listen to them on the radio. Many people just focus on the now and that is typical.


Photo: DJ Envy and a glimpse of Charlemagne's head in the original "The Breakfast Club" studio.


Photo: Rocawear Classics "Rappers Lie" graphic tee.


In the video below, Rocawear takes us behind the scenes of the lookbook shoot that show plenty more looks on camera! Take a look.




What do you think of the collection? It is available at Macy's. 

Sources: Rocawear.com

-TeArra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment